- Diet & lifestyle
- Vegetarian meals
Roast potatoes with a twist: a frequent addition to Sunday lunch and dinner parties. Have changed the herb depending on what main I am serving (parsley - chicken, rosemary - lamb, sage - pork).
Nottinghamshire, England, UK
5 people made this
- 4 large or 6 medium potatoes, peeled
- 50-75g (1-2oz) Parmesan or any hard cheese finely grated
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 clove garlic finely grated (optional)
- pinch salt (if required)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herb (parsley, rosemary, etc.)
- 4 bacon slices (smoked preferred), cut into fine strips (lardons)
- oil or pan drippings for roasting
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:45min ›Extra time:10min resting › Ready in:1hr10min
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthways and steam for 10-15 minutes. or boil for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Mix grated cheese, nutmeg, garlic (if used), salt and herb together in bowl.
- Pour a little oil or drippings into a roasting tin and heat in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Roll potato pieces in the cheese mixture, coating them completely. Leave to rest for 5 to 10 minutes to allow coating to seal.
- Remove tin from oven and place potatoes in tin cut side up.
- Return to oven for 30 minutes, turning potatoes over halfway through.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the bacon on top of the potatoes.
- Return to oven until potatoes and bacon are cooked, about 15 minutes. Drain off any excess fat and serve.
Could use any other ham product (parma, salami, ham etc.) instead of bacon but as these are already 'cooked' add this for the last 5 minutes.
Ingredient quantities can be altered to taste.
Cooking times can be altered depending on what other dishes you are cooking. Have had these cooking at Gas Mark 3 for 1 hour before and just increased the heat for last 10 minutes.
If you are cooking a meal at a lower temperature, heat the oil in the roasting tin on the hob just before placing the potatoes in it.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (2)
Sorry I made these and gave them a photo but forgot to rate them. These potatoes are delicious. Thanks so much for posting the recipe.-01 Jul 2013