- Dish type
- Green salad
- Rocket salad
This very interesting salad is a great starter for entertaining. All measurements can be altered to taste.
33 people made this
- 3 (100g) bags fresh rocket
- 1 (250g) punnet mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 200g (7 oz) roasted red peppers from a jar, sliced
- 1 medium-sized red chilli, sliced
- 50g (2 oz) fresh basil leaves, ripped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Rind of 1 lemon
- Juice of half a lemon
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 50g (2 oz) Parmesan cheese
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:5min ›Ready in:15min
- Saute mushrooms in butter and oil for 5-7 minutes, or until tender.
- Combine the mushrooms, rocket, red peppers, chilli, basil, garlic and lemon rind in a large mixing bowl. Toss.
- Add lemon juice and oil to salad and toss well.
- Top off with Parmesan shavings.
Parmesan cheese is not truly vegetarian, as it contains animal rennet. To make this dish 100% vegetarian, omit the cheese or find a suitable vegetarian substitute made without animal rennet. In supermarkets look for the 'parmesan style hard cheeses' which are suitable for vegetarians.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (3)
Absolutely delicious.-18 Jan 2010
Made it healthier.Omitted the butter when frying the mushrooms-18 Jan 2010
Used different ingredients.Used mixed leaves & lettuce in place of rocket-18 Jan 2010